We are currently seeking a Casual Care Attendant to join our team.
About the role:
The Casual Care Attendant will be required to work as part of a team in the provision of quality care services to residents within the estate, including emergency call-outs and act in a professional efficient manner whilst demonstrating an empathetic attitude to the needs of residents. The Casual Care Attendant will ensure residents’ safety, security, dignity, privacy and well-being at all times, and actively contribute to the promotion of best practice in workplace health and safety and continuous quality improvement.
Cleaning of the Community Centre, Independant Living Units and Assisted Living Apartment
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Food service / functions
- Personal care services
- Emergency on call service
- Relevant experience
- Reliable, flexible approach to rostering and be willing to be rostered to work over seven days
- Trustworthy, pleasant and outgoing demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to work alone
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work within WHS and a continuous improvement environment
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritise
Qualifications and licences:
- Satisfactory National Police Certificate
- Certificate III in Personal Support (Aged Care)
- First Aid Certificate
Hours of Work:
- This is a casual position and hours may vary from week to week
It is a condition of employment that Care Attendants work shift work and sleepover shifts.
Applications to be submitted via Seek only by clicking on ‘Apply for this job’ button.
A copy of the position description can be download from here